Friday 5 October 2012

Weekend Knitting

Hey Knitters,

I am so glad it's Friday! I am going out for a few drinks with my girls tonight, to celebrate two of my friends getting fantastic new jobs this week! Charlotte has secured a new job in a GREAT hairdressing salon in Tunbridge Wells, and Toni has landed her dream job of community nurse, something she has wanted to do since we were at school. So we're hitting up Hotel Du Vin tonight for some sophisticated celebrations.

Tomorrow night will be totally different but I'm also really excited about it. I'm going to be babysitting which isn't unusual for me of a weekend, but the parents aren't going to be home until after 2:30am (!!) which gives me around 7 hours of uninterrupted knitting time!! My Dad has asked me to make him and Pat a little piece to symbolise their seven year wedding anniversary, which apparently is the year of wool. This is the design I've come up with and will be making for them tomorrow:


They darker grey border will just be a purl border around the stocking stitch, and will be the same colour as the background. If I get this finished and still have some time to spare, I need to design a couple of cushion covers for my brother's flat. He has asked me to make him a couple of cable knit cushions which is perfect because I LOVE CABLE KNIT!

I'll be sure to post a photo of Dad & Pat's gift once it's finished, and if anyone would like me to design something similar for them please let me know.

What will you be knitting this weekend? Do you have a good excuse to just sit there and knit, without feeling guilty about it?

Have a great weekend,

Knit on, Knitters
x

No comments:

Post a Comment